Monday, August 11, 2008

The Fountain of Al-Kawthar

Everyone knows Surah Kauther, after all it's like the shortest Surah in the Quran, so like I'm POSITIVE everyone knows it. We probably even recite it every single day in our Salah because its SOO easy. I know I do :D (but yeah, it's better to recite the long ones in Salah), nevertheless, we don't realize the deep and beautiful meaning of this Surah. It's so amazingly short, yet so amazingly BEAUTIFUL.

And does anyone know how it was revealed? Well, one day the prophet was sleeping and he woke up with a HUGE smile on his face and so his companions enquired as to why he was smiling so much and he told them that a Surah had just been revealed to him... And he recited Surah Al Kawthar.

Hmm... and do we know what Al Kawthar is though? Right, it's a river from Jannah... but have we realized that it's not like the rivers of ths duniya? Have we realized the beauty of Al Kauther?

"Verily, it is a river that my Lord, the Mighty and Majestic, has proised me and it hs abundant goodness. It is a pond where my Ummah will be brought to on the Day of Judgement. Its containers are as numerous as the stars in the sky. Then a servant of Allah from among them will be prevented from it and I will say: "Rabbi! Verily, he is from my Ummah." Then He (Allah) will say: "Verily, you do not know what he introduced (or innovated after you."

"I entered Jannah and I came o a river whose banks had tents made of pearls. So I thrust my hand into its flowing water and found that it was the strongest of Musk. So I asked, "Ya Jibril! What is this?" He replied, " This is Al Kawthar which Allah, the Mighty and Majestic has given you."

On the Day of Judgement, the believers will get to drink out of Al Kawthar, and no just that, they'll be able to drink to drink it from the Prophet's hands! Just imagine how lucky those people are, that get to drink Al Kawther from the Prophet's blessed hands!! May Allah make us one of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mashallah Nice Article, really hit me, good writing style, short and straight to the point. Jazakullah for adding me..May Allah swt reward you. Ameen.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this... nice reminder for this small, yet powerful surah we recite often. The hadith provides such beautiful imagery...SubhanAllah